Confucius Institute Scholarship
I. Confucius Institute Scholarship Categories
1. One year certificate study
2. One semester certificate study
1. Chinese Language and Literature
2. Traditional Chinese Medicine
III. Admission Requirements
1. Non-Chinese citizen
2. Current students in China is not applicable
4. Aged between 16 to 35 years old (Chinese language teacher in post shall be below 45)
5. For one-year applicant:
Achieve a score of at least 180 on the HSK (level 3) and at least 60 on the HSKK (primary level).
6. For one-semester applicant:
Achieve a score of at least 120 on the HSK (level 2) and at least 40 on the HSKK (primary level).
IV. Date of Entry:Sept. 2014
V. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
Scholarship winners are exempt from registration fees, tuition, fees for basic learning materials, accommodation fees on campus, and are provided with a one-off resettlement subsidy, monthly allowance and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in China. Monthly allowances are at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month): CNY 1,400 for One-Academic-Year Students and One-Semester Students. The one-off resettlement subsidy is CNY 1,500 for students who will study in China for one academic year; CNY 1,000 will be provided to all students who studies in China for one semester.
The Applicants should log on to the Confucius website athttp://cis.chinese.cn, set up an individual account, read information and introduction of TUTCM and our majors, complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form online, and attach the electronic files of the following materials:
1. Copy of passport photo page
2. Copy of HSK, HSKK Report
3. Notarized/Certified Copies of Highest Diploma or proof of study Notarized highest education diploma attained（scheduled graduation proof or official proof of student status）
4. Reference Letter and Letter of Commitment. Students attending Chinese language programs of universities in countries with no Confucius Institutes established shall attach a reference letter signed and issued by the university President.
5. Application under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
6. Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students in China shall submit the scholarship certificate. Winners of preliminary rounds of the “Chinese Bridge” Proficiency Competitions in their countries shall provide award proof and reference letter provided by the organizers.
7. Chinese language teachers shall submit certificate of employment and recommendation letters provided by institutes they work for.
VII. Application Deadline: May 01, 2014.
VIII. Recommending Institutions: Confucius Institute (or Independent Confucius Classroom), overseas HSK venue, Educational/Cultural Group in Chinese embassy, hosting university, tertiary schools in the country with no Confucius Institutes
IX. For details please refer tohttp://cis.chinese.cn/article/2014-03/03/content_526309.htm